Sunday, October 24, 2010

Autumnal 1st birthday party

Yesterday afternoon, my first gig (after doing my marathon at the state fair) was a little boy's 1st birthday party. As the kids bopped in a moonbounce set up in the backyard, I drew the little ones on the deck on a beautiful fall day.

Normally, I don't do one-hour gigs (most caricaturists have a two-hour minimum, sometimes more depending on distance) but I made an exception for this party because it was literally one mile from where I live. When I arrived at the house, I noticed that one of my front tires looked really low--and I had another gig (an hour-plus away) to get to immediately afterwards. So I called my trusty fiance to come pump up my tires while I was drawing the kids, which he did (the dear). Couldn't have done that if I was far off!

No comments:

Post a Comment