Monday, November 28, 2011

An Advent Social

Hope y'all had a wonderful Thanksgiving! On Sunday of the holiday weekend, I was booked to draw at an afternoon Advent Social, by a gentleman who had been drawn at this party. I am including the link because I found out, while talking to him yesterday, that his parents are the second couple in that video (one of my favorite caricature reactions ever!). They have my drawing framed and hanging in their family room. :-)
This is a major way I get bookings, by people who have been drawn or seen my work at the parties I do.
So, yesterday's event, held in the church hall, contained people of all ages:
 My spot was in the center of a ring of chairs, and we used a sign-up sheet which went pretty well, because I had a tween helper.
After the event was over, I was invited to see the church's pipe organ, which is about to undergo renovation....wow!!!! I absolutely love the sound of this instrument and have since I was a little girl.

My client told me there are more than 14,000 pipes within this church. Here is a link about it if you are interested:
One of the myriad things I love about my job are the opportunities I get to meet interesting people and see interesting things like this! :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment