Thursday, January 31, 2019

Caricature Resolution 2019



Caricature Resolution 2019 Facebook,   Caricature Resolution 2019 Instagram:

For the second January in a row, I've participated in this online art challenge, held on both FB and IG, to do one caricature a day in any medium. All the artists use the same list of subjects, this year it was Strong Influential Women. Although I would have been a little happier had there been fewer singers and actresses, (where was the Notorious Ruth Bader Ginsburg?) it was fun to see all the different takes on the same subject, and to discipline myself to do one quick sketch EVERY DAY. My favorites were JK Rowling and  Malala, shown bottom right, and Cher and Meryl Streep (bottom left). I used a regular ballpoint pen, and drew them all in a little sketchbook.
Here's a link to my Instagram  or my album on my Caricatures by Emily FB page  if you want to see my individual drawings.

No comments:

Post a Comment