Sunday, July 18, 2021

A Loooooooong-Awaited Wedding reception (with Caricatures)!

 I drew caricatures at a wedding reception,  way back in the autumn of 2018, where the venue's bartender took unusually good care of me, made sure more than once that I was alright, had water/Coke and was just generally one of the nicest gentlemen you could meet. He admired my caricatures and said they were among the best he'd ever seen...and his son had just gotten engaged, and the wedding planning was in its very early stages. In the spring of 2019, the bartender and his wife booked me for their son's wedding...scheduled for the spring of 2020. Well, we all know what happened there. :-( 

They decided to postpone it, along with a complete change of venue, to July of 2021 (which seemed as though it would never get here!) On a sultry Saturday last weekend, their night finally arrived! Below is a photo of me with the groom (the bride had slipped away already) and their color wedding caricature, which was the final one I drew at an amazing reception...















And here's where I was situated to draw these happy folks, in order:








I wish I had gotten to draw the groom's parents, but they were both busy making sure everyone else had a wonderful time!
Thank you so much for having me. 
Even the crazy thunderstorm I drove through to get home was worth it!
Best wishes to Mark and Amber!

No comments:

Post a Comment