Monday, August 15, 2022

Wedding caricatures just off the beach in Avalon, NJ

 THIS was right behind the venue!









The real action was inside, though, for this lovely wedding reception that came to me via The Bash.

The cocktail hour was held on the patio of the Icona Avalon, and my setup was right in the path of a pleasant beach breeze. Ahhhhhh...

Prior to the big day, I had drawn a caricature of the bride and her late best friend from a photo... she would have been a bridesmaid...so, she was there in spirit and in caricature. The thoughtfulness and love from the bride for her friend really touched me.


This artist, once she put her fascinator on...was ready to DRAW! And this event held a first for me...I drew on toned paper, specifically BLUE, as that was the wedding color. I knew it was going to be just line drawings because there were over 200 guests, but the paper allowed me to add highlights (well, after the first one where I hadn't thought of it yet)) and I think it worked out pretty well!




After the cocktail hour I moved into the ballroom...







Here's a collage of some more  of them!

All told, I did 73 guest faces in B/W, in a span of about 4 hours! 


and for my finale of the evening, 
here are the bride and groom!

Thanks for having me! I love my clients!

UPDATE 8-30-22: The bride left me some spectacular feedback on The Bash! THANK YOU JESSICA!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment