Sunday, June 9, 2024

Amazing Barn Wedding with my caricatures...

 On a gorgeous Saturday afternoon, I headed out to do a wedding reception a little further away (south central PA) than I normally do. The bride had booked me almost a year in advance, she told me she had been following my Instagram for three years...and knew she wanted my caricatures at her reception. How could I say no to that!? It turned out to be a very beautiful and moving reception, :-)







The ceremony was on the lawn between the house and the barn, this was my view from where I was setting up. Speaking of setting up, I made a time-lapse video of that here, and posted it to my IG. 

Emily's Time-lapse Setup for Wedding Cocktail Hour on IG

....and below, the Artist's selfie in a mirror. ;-)

Before the ceremony, I had taken a photo of the groom and his best man (their dog) and was able to get them drawn, so all I'd have to do later would be to add the bride. So I'll show you that first...later I'll show you their reaction. :-)

So, here are some cocktail hour wedding guests all happily getting a caricature:

These three were the DJs...they howled when they saw their drawing. Unfortunately I didn't get their business name but the middle guy is Tyler!!! Here's a closer look:
And here's a cute little family:
After getting these and a bunch more faces done, it was time to head in the barn/ballroom. 
Here's a look at my second spot:


More guests:




Below: The bride and groom were SO sweet! 

Then it was time to PARTAY.

As I packed up my car, I noticed this amazing, shadowy low-hanging moon and had to get a photo: 
Thank you both for having me at your perfectly beautiful wedding day!

Here is what the bride emailed to me afterwards: 
"Having you there was truly such a pleasure and highlight to our night. Thank you....

You are as amazing as I anticipated!"


It was my pleasure! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment