Saturday, December 3, 2011

Lar discusses one of the ISCA con caricatures he received on his Ustream :-)

My friend Lar De Souza is a Monty Python geek too...
So, when I created my piece at the recent ISCA con, he was a shoo-in for the part of Tim the Enchanter:
I just found out he'd discussed the amazing diversity of styles and media at the con on his weekly Ustream  broadcast (this is from November 25, 2011, which I missed because I was away for Thanksgiving weekend). With his permission, I am sharing a clip:

Awwww, thank you Lar!!!

And since he mentions God, portrayed by Mr. Jan Op De Beeck, who isn't in the photograph of the piece above...
I should probably thank Terry Gilliam as well. I'll never forget the first time I saw his cartoon animations on late-night public TV as a thirteen-year-old (yes, it was after my bedtime-- I snuck downstairs to watch Monty Python and SNL on Saturday nights after my parents were asleep!)

No comments:

Post a Comment