Sunday, December 30, 2018

Wedding caricature with signature mat, for a VERY dear-to-my-heart bride and groom!


This was a very special caricature for me to create....I've known the bride since she was five years old. She is one of my son's oldest and dearest friends. She is also one of my first subjects, back in the 90's when I was just starting out as a caricaturist. So I thought this would be a very fitting wedding gift to her and her new husband (and it's also 1000x better than the ones I did of her as a kid. ;-) 
Her nickname is 'Plum' and he's a professional musician, so I added those two elements to the background... 
Here's a guest signing away... and the bride and groom with the artist. :-)

Her wedding party was a group of "bridesmen" made up of my son (who's been her friend since kindergarten), the officiant (who's been her friend since preschool), her brother, her cousin and her Man-of-Honor (who's the latecomer--friends only since middle school!)
I just love this photo! The back of her dress was lovely. I didn't even notice my son was in the background at first!
Congratulations, Katie and Brian!!

No comments:

Post a Comment