Monday, January 28, 2019

Drawing Caricatures for the Orange and Black...

Baltimore is always awash in orange/black for the Orioles and purple for the Ravens, but I was drawing the baseball variety of caricatures for 2019 Fanfest this past weekend. Decided to try using my very old lecturers chalk for color, as my Prismacolor Artstix don't seem to be made to the high quality standards that they used to be. The chalk is great for getting pastel effects, so great for shading skin tones ( especially cheeks!!!! :), but it's messy and grubby on the artist who's using it. :-/

Yes I know, I accidentally wrote 'Opening Day' on my sample caricature. I guess I want Spring to get here---I am not a fan of Winter.
One of my colleagues remarked that my sample (an imaginary kid I just made up) looked like a baby Edward G. Robinson....I could see that...
Me and my buddy Gary. :-)
Let's go, O's! (anything is better than last year!)

No comments:

Post a Comment