Thursday, January 16, 2020

Penn State Brandywine...caricatures!

Penn State's campus in Delaware County, PA had a student-morale-booster day recently, and my caricatures were a part of it.  In a sunlit seating area, two other caricaturists and I drew students who were so happy to get one; look how happy THIS guy is!!!
It was a special day for me too, as I was reunited with a friend and mentor, Sally, who was actually the very first caricature artist I ever saw in action, at an art festival back in the late 90's. I told her that day I was going to learn how to do caricatures....
and I DID!!
The memo for lady caricaturists of a certain age: both of us are glasses-wearing, palette-pinned (mine is on my coat) and hatted. :-)
Below, a student who was drawn by both of us. 
Without her inspiration way back then, maybe I wouldn't be blogging this right now (she told me I should get back to blogging!) So. THANK YOU, SALLY (again!!) 


No comments:

Post a Comment