Monday, September 6, 2021

Arden Fair 2021

 I don't do fairs anymore...unless they are five minutes from home! This is a very long-tenured local arts festival held in Arden, Delaware every year (not 2020 of course). It's in a little village of quirky little homes on tiny one-lane roads, with a park and a theater. And was it fun! I did mostly color caricatures all day long, with my new friend Susan, drawing her retro pen & ink drawings, sharing the booth with me. 


Even though it was close by, this is how early I had to get myself on the road to go set up...but on leaving my house, I got to see a beautiful pink sunrise and four moonflowers still in bloom...

My next door neighbor on the right sold costume jewelry...as soon as I spied these, I said SOLD!!!! Perfect for a silhouette artist!

On the other side was a tie-dye artist, so I bought something from her too, a new mask...
OK here is some of my output that day!




Here's the one pic I got of Susan...gotta admire a lady doing a crazy-busy fair not long after a hip replacement!!

Fun day!!!! Afterwards my hubby, Susan and I went to a Mexican place so she and I could have huge Margaritas :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment