Wednesday, December 22, 2021

A Holiday party--perfect time for a company GROUP CARICATURE!

 This was an enjoyable challenge! 25 people in one composition, that I drew organically...meaning I started with the two owners, bottom center, and just kind of drew others in randomly. It's done with Copic Sketchmarkers on a 24" x 36" YES!All-media canvas, which I had never tried before--but it suited my purposes perfectly. I was situated in a lobby area just outside of the ballroom... so I worked from photos, that I took of the employees. Once I finished the large group caricature (which took about two hours and fifteen minutes), I drew individuals and couples for the rest of the party!





Lovely area just outside the ballroom, for me to work from. Usually I ask to be IN the main room with the guests, but this suited my purposes better  and was also good for social distancing as people were more spread out!













And some of the later individual ones:

Finally, this jolly fellow was wandering around! Ho ho ho!

No comments:

Post a Comment