Wednesday, March 20, 2024

Swarthmore College Silhouettes

This was a VERY special silhouette event, as the McCabe Library at Swarthmore College brought out some antique 18th-century Quaker silhouettes from their Special Collections to share with students and faculty. This was to fit into the theme of "Body Liberation" week on campus. Having this artist there to cut live silhouettes was the icing on their cake!















 

I will be going back in the summer to visit, so I can really spend some time looking at some of these precious works of art... and some very scholarly books on the subject (just couldn't do so on this day, as I was non-stop busy!)

Here are some of the ones I cut for some very delighted subjects:
(you can click on them to see them at a larger size)







These two silhouettes are of the same person, one from kindergarten and one from 2024!
Thank you for having me! It was all my pleasure!

No comments:

Post a Comment