Sunday, October 30, 2011

Haunted Homecoming gig...in the SNOW (?!)

On Saturday morning, I headed for a college about an hour north of my home...with the weather forecast calling for several inches of snow later in the day. I figured, the ground isn't frozen yet, the roads will be fine later---it never snows this early in the year here, let alone sticks. The gig was a block party to accompany the homecoming football game, which was moved inside due to the inclement weather (the block party, not the game!) and was enough fun to divert my mind from the worsening conditions outside:

My spot was near another artist, of a genre I'd never seen before--his medium was spray paint:
Our lines were both massive, so I really didn't get a chance to chat with him, but students showed me his work. Art can come out of anything!
I posted these two pics on my Caricatures by Emily FB page during the event, and said that it was a day to cue up a remix of Monster Mash/WinterWonderland, but realized they had to go here too, because every year now I'm printing a book of my blog. Someday when I'm a little old lady, they'll be my caricature scrapbooks!
Commuting home in OCTOBER:
Took two-and a half-hours to go thirty-seven miles... but I arrived home to hot tea and an afghan. :-) Maybe I am a little old lady already!


2 comments:

  1. Very funny !!
    In the first caricature is Boris Becker?
    :o))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pavel, thanks! I'm sure it's not Boris, but another example of the pale-eyebrowed crew-cutted species!

    ReplyDelete