Friday, January 2, 2015

First gig of 2015---Happy New Year!

On New Year's Day, my caricaturing skills were put to use at a fabulous Open House, about as close as one could get to the sequined, spangled, famous Mummers parade...
 I arrived eaaaaaarlllllllly to set up (and avoid the already-inebriated logjam that was Center City)and thus was able to enjoy the opening scenes of the parade, right from the steps of the Union League.
My easel was in a beautifully decorated ballroom with a fireplace, where guests congregated to enjoy little glasses of "Fish House Punch."
The Union League was definitely impressive.
Here's a bad selfie...I was trying to get a photo of my New Year paper tiara. ;-)
Now for the caricatures! 
Did quite a few father-son caricatures at this event:
And quite a few bow-ties too!
 I wish I could keep from blurring my reaction photos! Grrrrr!
One of my final drawings was for a couple who sat down and told me they'd just gotten engaged that morning and could I make sure to show her new ring in the drawing. I said, ABSOLUTELY!!!!
I was very proud of the fact that it was rather easy to remember to write '2015' on each drawing! 
Happy New Year, everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment