Monday, January 26, 2015

Surprise 70th birthday party for 'Gumps'!

On Saturday afternoon, after a not-too-crippling snowstorm, my easel and I were able to travel to a surprise 70th birthday party for a man affectionately known to his family and friends as "Gumps'. I gave myself extra time to get there, so was early enough to see the moment he walked in:
Gumps came in with a big grin, greeted his guests, and even had a hug for me
Here he is, as a (color, of course, he's the birthday guy) caricature, with his wife (who very much liked how it turned out :-)
Then I got busy with his friends and family, of all ages!
My client, Gumps' daughter, sent me home with a yummy plate of food...and we both were very happy that the snow hadn't postponed or cancelled the celebration. 

The next day I received an email with the recipe for her fantastic homemade potato salad, and some wonderful feedback she'd left for me on Gigmasters:

Absolutely amazing! I've met other caricature artists and Emily is by far the BEST. Not only did she nail personalities she had it together with little kids! She was able to get the personality and features of the little ones, remember it and let them run off if needed. EVERY guest was amazed by Emily and are just raving at her caricatures, as well as her as an artist. Emily is personable yet very professional and had everything in order from communication prior to the event all the way through to the end. If an opportunity arises, I will certainly use her again! If I could give her 10 stars I would!

 Thank you so much! I am so lucky to do what I love, and have such wonderful clients to do it for! 

No comments:

Post a Comment