Saturday, June 27, 2015

Caricatures at this little guy's 2nd birthday party

Gigsalad has really been coming through with parties for me lately. This was another one, that I thoroughly enjoyed doing, even though it was a sultry, hot day for everyone. Happy birthday to Eliot!
I was set up in a tent on the lawn...the kids were busy with water toys, and the grown-ups were busy enjoying a clambake!
My blue padded folding chair was accidentally left behind that day, luckily, my client held on to it for me--- I retrieved it the following week, when I happened to have another gig in her town!  I've had it since the start of my caricature career. It's been under my butt while caricaturing at hundreds, maybe make it thousands of locales, so I am sentimental about it. Silly but true... 
Here's the family caricature:
and a little guy with the quintessential two-year-old word:
As usual, I did all the kids first and then did some adults. My lovely client had this feedback waiting for me when I next logged in with Gigsalad, for which I can't thank her enough!

                                                     I would definitely hire Emily again!

We hired Emily to do caricatures for my son's 2nd birthday party. I received quotes and reviewed other vendor's work and Emily's was the by far the best and worth every penny. Caricatures are supposed to look cartoonish, but should still look like the real person... just exaggerated! Emily's style of drawing was what won me over... the fact that she was able to produce such amazing keepsakes while sketching a moving target (since trying to get a toddler to sit still for more than 5 seconds at a time is like trying to herd cats!) is why I would hire her again!

No comments:

Post a Comment