Friday, July 3, 2015

The first in a month of rainy graduation parties....

Little did I know, as I arrived to caricature at this festive graduation party, that a wild thunderstorm was approaching...and that rain-rain-rain would be the theme of almost the entire month of June!
Thank goodness for park pavillions, large tents and oversized garages. 
This graduate was a very nice young man who was looking forward to going to Temple University in the fall. His mom had lots of owl decor going everywhere!
The clouds took on an ominous look as I began drawing....but these two took my mind off that!
When hordes of guests started arriving, the skies really opened... so I drew that too!
Yes, there really WAS lightning behind them! It made us JUMP!
My easel and I kept moving inward as it continued to rain and drops blew in on us...but it didn't stop the fun vibe for everyone.
My scheduled drawing time from 5-7 ended up being the entire party, for which I thank my aweseome clients (and Gigmasters. :-) They sent me home with an entire pizza! I did get to draw them with their son (below left)
On the right is a group caricature of the grad with all his lady pals! So glad I was able to fit them all!
I drove home in more torrential downpours, but was very happy that it went so well in spite of the rain. 

Afterwards, my client left me with some very-appreciated feedback---thank you!!! :-)
Emily was AWESOME!! She was professional, polite and engaging with the guests and her talent speaks for itself. After the first few portraits were completed and the guests saw Emily's artwork, she had a line the entire event!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment