Monday, October 23, 2017

Philadelphia 76ers Caricature T-shirts for Home Opener 2017-18 Season!!!

I had a BIG commission recently :-)
Our hometown NBA team, the Philadelphia 76ers, had me do digital caricatures of the starting lineup, to be printed on 22,000+ t-shirts....to be given away to fans on Opening Night!!!!!

I walked into Wells Fargo Center and was totally awed, to see them all splayed out on the seats, pre-game:


The official Sixers Instagram that night: 41,000+ views!! 
L-R: Robert Covington, Ben Simmons, JJ Reddick, Coach Brett Brown, Markelle Fultz, Dario Saric and Joel Embiid. 

Dario is pictured below with more buzz about the shirt:







The Sixers also had me doing some live caricatures on the concourse during the first half of the game...
 next to a big sign with my caricatures on it!


Next, two cool overhead vantage points: (good view of the balloon guy next to me)


Above: my cousin by marriage came along too, he's a rabid Philly sports fan. After the first half, we (and my hubby) headed for a nice meal overlooking the court:
..where we could see thousands of folks wearing the caricature shirts!!! woo hoo!
Here's a few more of them:
Below on the big screen: Both the announcer and the guy he's talking to are wearing one!
What a night!!! It was also my first NBA game ever.
Hope the 76ers have a GREAT season!!!! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment