Saturday, February 11, 2023

Father-Daughter Valentine Caricatures!

 This year, NINE caricature artists drew several hundred father-daughter couples at this adorable annual event. Girl dads rock!!💗

😲

Here are a few of mine:




I wore my nearly pristine Valentine-hearts sweater, that I was gifted in the late 90's. Bought from Quacker-Barrel on QVC ...and I ONLY wear it to Valentine events. So... it still looks brand new!!
This event is one of the very rare ones that have a sign-up sheet system in play. 
It *mostly* works out. At least, mine did this year...all the artists were supposed to 
draw thirty-two faces in two hours.  (Mission accomplished. :-)  I actually had people trying to add lines so they could sign up, after my sheet was filled in!! I had to regretfully decline them, but at least there were eight other possibilities they could try!

Here is a panoramic view of the proceedings:
...and a view of the packed dance floor!

Finally, here's the whole gang! I don't even want to imagine the combined years worth of experience here. Thank you David C. Perry!
To my right on the photo, in the dark purple hat...is the first live caricaturist I ever laid eyes on, or met, twenty-seven years ago now. Unknown to her at the time, she was a huge catalyst in my having this career that I do...so every time we gig together, it is really special to both of us. Thank you, dear Sally!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment