Monday, February 13, 2023

Alice in Wonderland-themed 1st Birthday Caricatures!

 ...and not Tim Burton's version, either!!! (although I love his work.) I much prefer the original Tenniel pen & ink drawings that illustrated  the Alice book I read over and over, in my childhood. And that's how this party was decorated, by a talented mom. She printed signs and thrifted much of the decor herself!



You can just make out the skyline of Philadelphia out the window, which was anticipating the Eagles winning the Super Bowl later that evening...alas, it was not to be...


I wore my tiny black feathered fascinator:


So, now for the caricatures! I did a fancy beforehand-drawing of the rabbit on the birthday girl's paper....then added her!



I added mushrooms, card suits and teapots to the guests' drawings...




By the time I headed home, it was full dark and that skyline was lit up in green!! 
Too bad, it was a close game!!!

Thanks to my client for having me, and for keeping me on longer too! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment