Monday, April 17, 2023

Glamourous and joyous wedding reception caricatures!

This was my first time drawing caricatures at a Nigerian-American wedding reception, with hundreds of guests, amazing headdresses and fabrics in lavish color, and just general joy. I started out at the cocktail hour, doing line-drawing-only caricatures...so that I could get more folks drawn per hour. 


Then I moved into the ballroom area...
and saw this beautiful sight, being serenaded by a wonderful live saxophonist. 
(I did draw the bride and groom from a photo I took of them, and presented it to them towards the end of the reception, with the help of the Emcee. But by then, they had changed to another stylish ensemble. you'll see...)

Here are some more caricatures of guests:


Here is the bride and groom's color caricature:

The photographer asked to be drawn too, so I fitted him at the very tail end of the festivities:
...which was cool because he shared my story onto his IG story...to his 180k followers!!!!!!

Thanks to the Bash and my wonderful client, the bride, for having me! Congratulations to you both!

No comments:

Post a Comment