Monday, July 29, 2024

Wedding caricatures in a secret walled garden...

 On Friday night, in a venerable but vibrant old section of Philadelphia, I found myself in a venue that the outside showed no inkling of the beauty within...a beautiful garden of greenery in a courtyard...







My location was just inside the building on the right side of the photo...(you can see more in my IG post.)

The beautiful bride (loved her dress!) had asked me to do "mini" caricatures for the guests, 5" x 5" and I enjoyed the challenge! Of course, the bride and groom got a large color caricature.

Hmmmmm. I'll make those guest caricatures show up a little bigger...
And here's one of the flower girl,  but she escaped before I got a photo of her...


A nice thing about this smaller size was easier transport for the guests while at the reception, and they can be easily framed in a 5 x 7 frame.  AND I can put them in translucent cellophane envelopes instead of plastic bags!

I have to add that the venue, Sculpture Courtyard, and the wedding coordinator, PhillyDIYweddings were both FABULOUS and made my job even easier. 

Finally, thanks to the bride and groom, who left this lovely feedback on my The Bash profile:

We hired Emily to draw caricatures for our wedding reception and she was AMAZING! We wanted to do something a little different from the usual photo booth and our guests LOVED it! Emily is super talented and went above and beyond to do smaller format caricatures for our guests to easily take home and even threw in one of our two kitties! Look no further for your caricature artist needs!







No comments:

Post a Comment