Monday, June 14, 2021

Art & Wine Caricatures among the Cicadas!

On a sultry June evening, I joined some wine-sipping art fans at a farm museum near Havre de Grace, Maryland, to add my caricatures to the mix. Apparently, this was the mother-lode location for the 2021 cicada invasion, even more so than my earlier gig that day. Listen to this incessant buzz:
And cicada carcasses were literally falling out of the trees here! 
I had fun drawing the patrons, all of whom were saying they were used to it but they'd be gone soon. Actually once night fell, the noise did pretty much stop!

Thanks to my client, whom I had previously drawn at a wedding in Delaware a couple of years ago and thought I'd be a good fit here. :-)
The sun set over the Susquehanna and I headed home after a good two-gig day. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment