Monday, March 21, 2022

Milestone Birthday Surprise Party Caricatures!

This gentleman was given a surprise party yesterday, by his lovely wife, and I was thrilled to be a part of it. Two crazy coincidences, connected with it, amazed me: the first is that, because I had to go the long way around to use a very lengthy ramp (I pull a small cart with my easel and supplies), I arrived at the door at the same time as my client and the birthday boy! Unbeknownst to me, they had pulled up and were entering, in the time it took me to walk around.... he even held the door for me and my cart! Of course, I knew he had no idea who I was or why I was there, so it was fine. I waited in the lobby while they continued in, to the cheers of their awaiting guests. The second coincidence was, during the festivities, my client graciously included birthday salutations to any guests who also had March birthdays. Well, my gigs are not about me, so of course, I did not mention I'm a March birthday girl also. At the end of the party, I asked the guest of honor whether his party was held on his actual birthday. He said no, it was a few days back....of course, it was my birthday too. They all sang happy birthday to me!!!!!!!  :-) What are the chances!!! (Yes I know, 1 in 365!!)




Thank you so much for having me, it was a lovely afternoon at the country club!

No comments:

Post a Comment