Friday, March 18, 2022

College student caricatures--at Black Cultural Center!

 On Thursday afternoon, I headed to the anniversary party of Swarthmore College's Black Cultural Center, which has been going strong for 52 years on campus. The director had been caricatured by me at a birthday party last year, and she thought it would go over well with the students-- it did! :-)

I usually use 8.5 x 11 paper now for events where I know I will be doing mostly single faces and/or printing a logo. ( You can see that at the top of my papers). The shading is  all done with marker (Copic Sketch markers in black and gray tones) and only the backgrounds get done with Prismacolor Artstix.  

The building itself was historic, and very suited to its purpose! The walls were lined with giant photos of student groups in front of the mansion from years past. 
Kids had fun dancing it up after I finished drawing. :-D
Thanks for having me!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment