Monday, March 14, 2022

Windswept wedding caricatures!

On Saturday, I drove through a crazy March snowstorm complete with howling high winds to get to a wedding reception...but it was SO worth it! Look at this happy bride and groom!




















It was held at a very cozy and charming wedding venue, ChickBerry Farms in Sussex County, Delaware.

 The groom had quite a logistical hiccup, in that he had picked up the wrong pair of pants where they'd been altered for him, and ended up with a pair that was entirely too large when he got into his final wedding attire! Luckily, there was enough time to retrieve the right pants, but OF COURSE I had to draw the droopy overlarge ones---so they can laugh about it forever after!

This was the first wedding gig where I've been unmasked since 2019! 

It was so great to be able to converse with guests as I drew them, and they could actually hear me! 

Here are some views of my time there:


Have to add, the DJ Sky Brady was marvelous! He acted as emcee, singer, comedian, and music-player. And did them all extremely well. He's the guy with the Rod Stewart hair and microphone in his caricature. ;-)


In my previous blog post, I mentioned that my little lightweight Ikea drawing table had finally bitten the dust. So for this gig, I reverted to my old French easel, which is actually better for lighting placement. They had a whole long table for me, which worked out because then I had room to lay finished caricatures for pick-up at reception's end:

 
Want to see a couple of reactions? Here ya go:


This afternoon, the bride emailed with feedback:

Hey Emily!
Thank you so much for the pictures, the kind words, 
and most of all - the AWESOME caricatures! Everyone was absolutely raving about you. 
You exceeded our expectations 100%. Thank you so much!!!


Thank YOU for having me, Jenna and Michael!!! I really love my job!


No comments:

Post a Comment