Tuesday, September 27, 2022

Main Line-mansion wedding caricatures!

I love old historic houses, and it's really cool to be a part of wedding receptions held in them! This one was at Hilltop House in Devon, PA. Unfortunately, I did not have any time to get photos of this venue and its beautiful gardens, as I arrived directly from a previous gig and got busy drawing right away!




















TThe bride and groom were so sweet, they incorporated Polynesian customs into the celebrations--leis from Hawaii, and a quilt wrapping them warmly once they were man and wife. Of course I included that in their caricature!

Here's a view of the quilt--handmade and also from Hawaii!




I was situated in the sun room just off the patio, next to a wonderful bartender--who enjoyed having a front row seat to my drawing, he said!

The wedding colors were light blue and burgundy, so I used blue paper, and an image of the venue printed lightly on them, which was the bride's suggestion. I think it's a nice touch!





Congrats to the very happy couple and thanks for having me!

No comments:

Post a Comment