Wednesday, May 2, 2007

NCN competiton

The National Caricaturist Network holds a bimonthly competition, which is run by Golden Nosey winner Court Jones (www.courtjones.com). I actually took second place in January with my first digital piece ever, the Patsy Cline caricature that graces the home page of my website. The object then was to illustrate a singer and make the quality of their music inherent in the piece. Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The theme this time is to take a long-dead public figure, and illustrate a "secret" about them, which can be true or fictitious. I chose the Duke and Duchess of Windsor, and decided to run with the rumor that she was a hermaphrodite...maybe I'll only be able to post a censored version here! However, here are my rough sketches of their faces.Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment