Wednesday, December 29, 2010

A bloggy Christmas gift

I hope everyone had a great holiday! Here is something wonderful that Santa brought me:
It's my blog...printed as two soft-bound books! Actually, it's posts from the first two-and-a-half years of my blog; I started it on April 16, 2007 as a marketing/motivational adventure, not really knowing where it would take me. As of right now, I've written/illustrated a whopping 885 posts, covering my unconventional professional life as a caricature artist. ;-)
Santa was able to do this with help from Blog2print.
The first book encompasses 2007 and 2008. The second book, which is slightly less thick, covers 2009, and I'll be ordering the third book, 2010's posts, very soon.
Each book's table of contents covers every post by name and date, and the photos are economically spaced, as you can see, so that you are not printing lots of white space. It's great to have a hard copy in hand for several reasons: it's easy to go back and be reminded of various things, (which I've definitely been doing), as a way to chart growth in my craft (both writing and caricaturing) and especially as another form of back-up if anything bad should ever happen online. I do back up the blog via Blogger's way, but I don't believe that includes the photos.
If you have a blog, or know someone that does, this is a wonderful way to pull it in from cyberspace and make it exist in your hands!

3 comments:

  1. That is beautiful Emily!!

    Johanna.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic gift, and a very good idea. I have only just started my blog so I will have to wait a year or so before I can do the same. I am just starting out in the Caricature World and read your Blog regularly for advice and inspiration. Keep the good work up and Best Wishes for the New Year.

    ReplyDelete