Monday, July 14, 2014

Emily's birthday AND grad party!

A similarly-named young lady celebrated two milestones this weekend, and my caricatures were part of the fun. Her party was held in a very quaint, Victorian bed and breakfast:
I LOVE when I have comfy benches for my sitters.
There's the girl of the moment!
And here's an assortment of her family and friends:
Siblings. Two showing gums and one not. :-)
I drew hearts and then found out it wasn't like that. So I crossed out the hearts and wrote "Just Friends" 
Three happy ladies.
Two brothers who said they already had a caricature. One said it was a good one, and the other said it was a bad one….so I said, we'll see if I can make you laugh. And I did. ;-)
Grandson and grandmother. Adorable!
Above: two sisters-in-law, they hadn't seen it yet when I took the photo….  (see further below ;-) 
The last caricature bears a little explanation. It was toward the end of the party, and the daughter asked for a triple with her parents. I directed them to my bench, and absent-mindedly proceeded to draw them as a couple----I'd forgotten to leave space for the daughter!! Since she was light-heartedly busting on her dad the whole time, the perfect solution occurred to me---make her into a little devil. ;-)
I LOVE MY JOB!!!
You can see the last three groups' reactions below:

Thanksto Emily and her family for having me! Congrats again!

Update 7-17-14: Emily's dad just sent me this feedback! :-)

I was planning a high school graduation party for my daughter and felt I needed some sort of entertainment that would appeal to everyone and make for a memorable occasion. One of my first ideas was to bring in a mobile photobooth to have people get pictures together. After researching this and thinking about it I stumbled onto the better idea of a caricature artist. My only experience was at amusement parks where I watched the artists work but never took the time or money to have one drawn. I found Emily Anthony on the net and corrosponded through E-mail. She was Awesome at the party! People who did not know each other began to talk and laugh among themselves. Watching her work and seeing the reactions from the people she drew when done was so much fun! It turned out to be a much better choice than a photobooth at less than half the price!

Thank you so much! It's nice to hear about the aspect that I usually miss, because I am so focused on the people in my chairs and the artwork I am doing right then----the effect my caricatures have on the party atmosphere. It is definitely an icebreaker!

No comments:

Post a Comment