Monday, May 16, 2022

Lakeside wedding caricatures!















 I travelled a bit further afield than I usually do...to draw caricatures at this fun couple's wedding reception in Sparta, NJ. I had previously met them when they were guests at a wedding I did in 2021. They were nice enough to provide me with a hotel room, so I would not have to drive more than 100 miles home, late at night after their festivities ended.  Thankful for that!

I started out outside on the deck for the cocktail hour, then moved indoors...my setup is on the right:





















You can see their wedding caricature on the left-side easel, they had me do a studio wedding caricature to be displayed as a sign-in at the reception, (I got to include their beloved CAT! They also love a certain rodent, so I slipped that in subtly, hee hee..) here is a better look at that:

I'll show you the bride and groom, then we'll get into the guests!

Ok, these are from cocktail hour: top left is the couple whose wedding was the catalyst for my being at this one:


Then we all trooped inside and got down to reception niceties!









The mirror was positioned just so...there's the caricature artist!




Thanks for having me, Michelle and Dan!





No comments:

Post a Comment