Monday, May 2, 2022

Silhouettes at lovely backyard wedding...

 This was so sweet. They got married on their back porch! I had a front row seat, where I was set up to cut duplicate silhouettes--one for the guest and one for the bride and groom's guestbook!. 






















Prior to the wedding, I cut this 8 x 10 bride-and-groom silhouette from their photos, so I could display it at the reception. Only I wasn't sure how the bride's hair would be styled...so I left the back of her head uncut. When I saw she had an elegant, long French braid, it was the only part I had to do before slipping it into a fancy frame! It elicited oohs and aaaahs from the guests, but the bride herself gave a delighted scream when she saw it! :-)

My setup in a delighfully whimsical backyard. More on that later.
 
First, some of my silhouettes!

I decided to try video-ing a little something different: a view of the finished guestbook!

And I managed to get a couple of time-lapses of my scissor-flashing hands!



Finally, a montage of some of the beautiful sights at this wedding. 




















The bride's sister-in-law was instrumental in pulling it all together. Bravo and thank you for having me and my silhouettes be a part of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment