Sunday, October 9, 2022

Wedding silhouettes at the Mutter Museum!

 I had no idea that Philadelphia's famed Mutter Museum was also a fabulous wedding venue, until my Gigsalad client booked me to cut silhouettes at her son's wedding reception there! 


Upon arrival, I was ushered into a bright and airy room (where the eventual cocktail hour would be) facing the garden, where the ceremony would take place.  I had a wonderful view of the bride and her attendants readying themselves to walk outside...
and of the ceremony itself! Lovely!


Meanwhile I had set up and was ready to greet guests with my scissors as they came in...
This young man's profile is in the *only* photo I took during the cocktail hour, as I was inundated by eager guests---all of whom were extremely intrigued by my art! Many remarked they'd never seen silhouettes cut live before.
Then, after more than an hour because my silhouettes were so popular, (wink) I moved into the impressive Library, next to the ballroom on the second floor, to continue cutting silhouettes. Here the atmosphere was a little more sedate, so I could snap a few pics:

This is a view of the Library:
You can see I have the couple's silhouette on display...as part of my wedding package, I always do that from photos, before the wedding. It's beneficial in that it allows the couple to not worry about finding time to sit for me at the reception. 
Here it is, close up:
And here it is with the newlyweds!

A silhouette guest book was also part of this reception...

The couple had another big surprise that evening:
All in all, an absolutely amazing evening in every way! 

Afterwards, my client left this feedback for me on Gigsalad:

Artist Emily Byrne was a huge hit at a family wedding on October 8 in Philly. Her freehand silhouette cutouts delighted the guests and make for wonderful souvenirs. Highly recommend as an event attraction.


Thank you or having me and it was my pleasure!































No comments:

Post a Comment