Monday, January 29, 2024

60th Birthday Caricature COASTERS!

 This was my first caricatures on coasters gig, AND it was also a stealth gig

The occasion was a belated 60th birthday for a very musical birthday gal (she plays in a mariachi band and a swing band!) and her big day had actually been during the pandemic, so she is a very young 60. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

I knew folks were going to be singing and jamming on musical instruments, so it was very easy to blend in and draw them while they played. Birthday gal belted out this song!

Click here to hear a little bit of music from this party on my IG

So, drawing caricatures on little cork/paper coasters has been a "thing" for awhile now. I bought a bunch  a year ago, but hadn't had the opportunity to use them until this party. They are small enough not to be a burden to carry around (both for artist and recipient), and can be done without an elaborate easel setup. 
I used just a few Prismacolor pencils and enjoyed doing them! Now I need to market them!
This young lady had a beautiful singing voice! She was so surprised when, after she sang, I handed her that coaster!
Here's the saxophonist. Pleased as punch that I drew him!
Bass player!
And some random audience-guests:

Happy birthday Judy!

No comments:

Post a Comment