Saturday, July 14, 2007

Baseball Season--Part II

The Phillies begin the second half of the 2007 season closing in on their 10,000th loss as a ballclub, a feat apparently unmatched in all of sports. To me, this just speaks of their longevity as a team, ( more than 100 years) but what do I know? I've only been a baseball fan for the length of time I have been drawing at games--a mere 3 1/2 years. When I started, I didn't even know what an RBI was!

Last night, among my first customers were a couple from St Louis on their honeymoon, who came to Philly to see the Phillies play...the Saint Louis Cardinals.
I had a little fun drawing her wedding tiara...
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Here's a young man with some vivid coloring...unfortunately the camera flash whited-out the drawing a bit...
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Finally, a young couple who were a joy to draw, and were happy to add my drawing to their collection of caricatures...
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

By the way, the Phightin' Phils staved off that 10,000th loss with a final score of 13-3 (on Friday the 13th, no less!)

No comments:

Post a Comment