Tuesday, July 24, 2007

A gift for a caricaturist...

Sometimes a customer comes along that is so beyond ordinary for the caricaturist to draw that it's like getting a unexpected gift. Tonight at my fair, I had several of these:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
The man turned out to be a tattoo artist.(Duh!) He totally understood my glee in drawing him, and it turns out that there are run-of-the-mill designs in the tattoo industry also. After he was drawn, his wife and her pierced-and-tatooed friend sat for me. I chided his wife for being boring, since she wasn't covered in either piercings or tattoos! They were still laughing when I took the photo, while I was praying my camera battery would hold out just a few more seconds...

Sam drew alongside of me again; it was a surprisingly busy night for so early in the week, so I only got this from-the-interior photo of the booth. You can see my daughter Madeline ( tie-dyed shirt) watching Sam and eavesdropping on the crowd's comments for us!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment