Monday, November 16, 2009

ISCA convention, part 4: Awards banquet

Another convention over, we caricaturists gathered to applaud the winners and socialize one last time with our colleagues...

I'm so glad my S.O. was there to enjoy it with me!
He took this nice picture of me with my wall:


Before the meal there was an art auction, to benefit ISCA.


In no particular order, here are some highlights of the evening:

Marlo's amazing work garnered her the Silver Nosey!

Here's one of her top-ten entries, of Beau Hufford, in the Caricature of the Year competiton, in which she placed an incredible THREE times (three different caricatures).

Me by Jacalyn Holman...

Three SUPER-funny caricaturists: Pat Harrington, Jert, and Mikey Shields.

Me by Miguel Aguilar, one of my Texan friends!

Mr. Dan Springer of Brooklyn, by me!

John by the wonderful Lar Desouza!

Me by my friend Rrrrrrrrick. I wish I WAS that cute!!!;-)

The annual "hot librarian" photo, in which a gaggle of glasses-wearing older women ensnare a younger male artist...this time it's Court Jones with Debbo and I. LOL
Below Court is with his friend and fellow Master Caricaturist (means they've won a Golden Nosey)Kage Nakanishi and his crew of artists from Japan, including the Bronze Nosey winner, Yuta Honma.



EVERYONE loves Jeff Redford!

Beast (Bob East) with my airbrush drawing of him, for the second year running. I can't even remember how he looked last year with short hair!

John with caricature by new friend Lorin Bernsen.

The happy Golden Nosey winner for 2009, Glenn Ferguson. No more Susan Lucci jokes!

With Johanna and Gwenda. Johanna won a 3d award for her figurine of Gwenda!

He's an artist! He's an agent! He's a Greek god! Actually it's just Mike Hasson...
My airbrushed caricature of Alisa Grodsky of NY...she really liked it!

Anne, Jert and Marlo....unmatched in fashion and outlandishness.

The beautiful Opdebeeck family...Jan, Emi, and Sakura. I got to hold that precious little angel!

Pat drew a teeny-weeny version of us this year, because I kept ragging him about having to frame the 24 x 36 poster he drew of us a few years back!!

The McCalls by me, and us by Paul McCall!

Finally, dear Sam Gorrie with me, and with her crocheted-caricature ducky, by Emi Sato, who won the top award for Oustanding 3D!

Next year, our convention will be held in fabulous Las Vegas. I'm happy about that because I love that city, and my good friend Celestia lives there so I can get in a visit, too!

1 comment:

  1. Loved seeing all these photos....Google led me to you!

    ReplyDelete