Sunday, September 12, 2010

Backyard block party

Last night, my caricatures were part of the entertainment at a HUGE block party. It wasn't held on the street ( which scared me as I pulled up, because I thought I had gotten the directions wrong) but in a suburban backyard that adjoined a long right-of way. My hostess had provided a tent for me, near one of the biggest bounce house/playgrounds I had ever seen. She also asked me to take a small fee for each drawing,( and to do either BW or color) to offset some of this shindig's costs (which must have been enormous) but since many of the guests didn't have cash on them, I just took names so they could settle up later...

One of the guests provided clothespins to display all the drawings on the tent..





I was asked to stay an hour longer at this one! :-)

One other notable feature of this gig ( and the previous one at the park) was that it was my first time drawing with my new CONTACT LENSES!!! :-) :-) :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment