Wednesday, September 1, 2010

August ends with a few caricatures...

Last night I sweated it out at a sultry, breezeless O's game vs. the Red Sox. It was a slooooow night, maybe because the fans were actually watching the game? The Orioles had their best August in decades after a miserable season so far...
Anyway, here are all two drawings I did:
They didn't understand why I wanted them to stand that way....

This couple absolutely made my night! They're going to use my caricature as their sign-in board at their upcoming wedding. I took my time since there was no line waiting and told them they were why the universe must have wanted me to draw at that particular game. It was so slow the other two artists and I were taking turns on customers and this couple happened to be my turn...

They're even planning on having some wedding photos taken at Camden Yards. Congrats, you two youngsters!! Good luck not showing your caricature to anyone for another whole month!

Here's how I whiled away the down time...a bunch of memory sketches of people walking by.....and my colleague Mr. Toonboy who inadvertently posed while he was eating his dinner.

OK, I have no words for this other than the facts: a fire safety company had a costumed super-hero named Sprinklerman greeting fans in front of the men's room. (!!!!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment