Saturday, October 27, 2012

2012 Texan Couples #2

More airbushed couples of every shape, size, color, and orientation. :-) Anecdotes, too!
Two of my fave return-ees from last year. And I got to draw pink hair, tats and Johnny Cash too!
Loved getting these contrasting expressions!
This one above requires a little explanation, and alot of "what are the chances??" The day of my arrival in Texas, before the Fair, I had some banking to do. So I went in a branch of my bank and the teller asked how my day was going. I said it was warmer than at home, she asked where home was, and I told her, Pennsylvania. So she asked what I was doing in Dallas, and I replied that I was there to draw caricatures at the Fair. End of story, right? On my way out, a nice young gentleman opened the door for me and said, "You drew me and my girlfriend for the last three years at the Fair..."
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It turned out he was a customer service guy at the bank, had overheard my conversation with the teller and recognized me. WHAT ARE THE CHANCES??!! Of course, I got a photo of us, and then later, of this year's drawing of them! Complete with her new engagement ring. :-) 
More contrasting expressions! I so enjoy the bit of psychology involved in analyzing people's faces. 
These two were on their honeymoon...awwwwwww!
These two absolutely had the same happy expression!
And these ladies had similar assets, and also similarly happy guys! ;-)
This young man had some of the most interesting tattoos I've seen. His arm was a sleeveful of Tim Burton stuff, with a large Edward Scissorhands on the shoulder. His chest (which unfortunately was hidden by his hand in the photo) was all Maurice Sendak. They were done with a sensitive, deft touch, something that all tattoo artists definitely do not possess (which is the same for caricaturists, of course, but the results aren't so, well, permanently displayed ;-) The lady wasn't slouching either in the interesting-to-look-at department. This was fun to do, so much so that the extra time involved for that many details doesn't bother me. I use Prismacolor artstix for very small stuff like detailed tattoos and jewelry. 
A couple of Fair workers that are... a couple!
LOL-- just had to draw his whole shirt.
Two more of my fave returnees. I've done theirs for all five years that I've been at the fair and look forward to seeing them every year. :-)
This couple came to the fair on Texas-OU, unaware that 90,000 other people would have the same idea...
I told her she was one of the palest people I ever drew!
Newlyweds!
These ladies were so sweet. And the one on the left had such a cool nose!
 Two couples photographed at two different times of day. Makes a difference in the lighting, huh?
This Korean couple really liked Celestia's sample of Psy, Gangnam Style rapper.... 
More Ranger fans...
Another fun one with Big Tex as Burning Man.;-)





2 comments:

  1. just finding this blog today... your art is awesome! :]

    ReplyDelete