Thursday, September 19, 2013

A very happy 70th birthday!

On an unseasonably chilly Saturday for mid-September*, I helped a family celebrate Steve's milestone 70th birthday:
These are just some of the drawings I created over the course of a very pleasant afternoon, which were clothes-pinned up for everyone to enjoy.  
Here is the man of the day himself:
Seventy must be the new Fifty!! ;-)
These are some of his nearest and dearest:
 Above: I really didn't believe this pretty lady was NINETY!!
 More happy smiling faces!
 Above: this guy told me his last caricature made him look like Desi Arnaz...so I told him mine was turning out like Bela Lugosi!

The patio was the happenin' place to be:
Below: this is what makes ME smile!
Thank you so much for having me and sending me home with pork BBQ! It was a pleasure chatting with everyone and making them smile with a caricature. And happy birthday again to Steve!! 

* I had a sweat jacket in the car but was wearing flip-flops....my feet were so cold, a nice lady guest gave me a pair of socks!!! Usually it's my fingers that freeze, not my toes. Thanks, you know who you are. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment