Sunday, September 15, 2013

Super-Hero birthday party!

Last week was a whirlwind of activity for me; my friend and colleague Celestia Ward was in town and we did some caricaturing together. One event was her small niece and nephew's super-hero-themed joint birthday party....which was also attended by Batman!
Her sister-in-law really  knows how to throw an awesome kids' party:
She created most of the decorations herself, right down to the H20 labels on the water bottles. And Batman did "Super-hero training" with the kids, i.e. exercise!!

The kids came in to find their "super-hero name" on a big poster which featured my handwriting...they peeled off their initial letter, and took it outside to a picnic table spread with foam shapes, which they then glued to a cape (fashioned out of a t-shirt)!
Celestia caricatured the kid guests, while Wonder Woman did face painting.
And I drew any adults who were game. :-)



It was fun drawing the bodies at this party! Below: kids by Celestia, Mom by me!
Thanks for having me, Sofia and Nico, and family and friends!!

No comments:

Post a Comment