Thursday, October 24, 2013

The airbrush and the artist have both arrived home from Texas...

Another State Fair of Texas has both flown/crawled by and I got through it! (at my advanced age ;-)
 It flew when it was busy but it also seemed as though all of us artists existed only to draw endless lines of faces, and pretty much nothing else. I rode one ride and had exactly two corny dogs (in fact, one of the LAST at the close of the entire Fair itself) but of course those are not the reasons why I go...this is:
Texans reeeeeeeeally love their caricatures.
Once again, I bunked with airbrush caricature virtuoso Celestia Ward (who has just started a blog! Check out her first thoughts on our experience) and our two male artists/roomies who are no slouches either. I'm really lucky to work with such skilled colleagues. 
Below: Celestia and I meeting the creepy, revamped Big Tex. After last year's roasting, he's been completely rebuilt, and the general consensus is, from people we spoke to: he is ugly and disproportionate.
I don't airbrush much the rest of the year, so there's always a "get back in the saddle" aspect for me once I get here. In this blog post, I am going to share some of my single caricatures...where the sitter had the whole paper to themselves:
Some young ladies...
Some even younger young men...
I like drawing sunglasses...and braces...
 Two more mature young ladies ;-)
This guy asked to be drumming...I think I did better on the spotlights than I did on the drumsticks...
This trio all had stupendous EYEBROWS...
and finally, an overdose of cuteness!
Plenty more Texas 2013 posts to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment