Sunday, June 25, 2023

Riverboat Caricatures!

A pair of really nice, previous clients from 2020 (a year when I had only a handful of gigs, so I remembered them well) 

...asked if I could draw while on a boat!

I said, of course I can!

So I headed down Maryland way, through some June scattered torrential downpours...to a seafood restaurant on the banks of the Choptank River (they said cruise was rain or no rain!) with the goal of drawing caricatures at a company's 20th anniversary party! Here is the OUTSIDE view:



Here is the INSIDE view:
Right by the paddle-wheel!

Yes, it was a crab feast. No I didn't have any...can't draw with Old Bay smeared all over my drawing hand!


Here are some of the happy faces that passed by my easel that rainy night:







I didn't see much of the cruise itself because I was working, but I did catch this view:

And it cleared up enough to have a bit of a sunset, yay! 

Thanks to my wonderful clients for having me back! 

No comments:

Post a Comment