Saturday, September 6, 2014

An exuberant wedding full of fun and laughter...and caricatures!

I never get tired of drawing at weddings, each couple's vibe really comes through in the unique combination of venue, style, and atmosphere. You could see the love and fun just oozing out of this gorgeous pair!
The reception was held in a favorite locale of mine, a restaurant in Chinatown. Yes, I made it up this stairway with my gear. I wanted to DRAW! 
At the top of the staircase, a lovely blush-pink-and-creme-decorated ballroom awaited. The bride and groom greeted their guests in front of a monogramed backdrop. 
There was even a charming little sign for me!
My first sitters were the kids:
And then came the BIG kids: 
 They asked if I would draw the baby. Of course, I said! ;-)
I had a really good view when the new Mr. and Mrs. made a grand entrance:
This little photo-booth innovation was adorable! It had the wedding's hashtag on it so guests could share pics on Instagram. 
Afterwards, I headed to the restaurant next door to take home some of their specialty: Peking Duck, for the Other Half and I to enjoy for a late-night treat. It was awesome. 
Thanks for having my caricatures as part of your big day, Mr and Mrs Au! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment