Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Next project: Joe Biden



I've been asked to create a digital caricature for a charity auction next month--of our Vice-President, Joe Biden. The really cool thing is that he will be signing one print to be auctioned to the highest bidder, and one print for the artist!
I'll be drawing live at the event as well. Don't think he'll actually be present, but it's still a thrill!

So I have decided to document my process with this project on my blog. The first thing is to gather reference material. With good ol' Joe, that's easy; there are almost too many photos on the internet to choose from. I want visual info from more than one photo reference A) because no one photo shows all that can be shown, and B) I want my work to not be a 'copy' of a photograph.
Next step: a rough sketch. More to come!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations ,Emily ! Wow, how exiting is that !!! I llok forward to seeing it progress !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Hanzz! Thanks, yes, I am excited too. It will be hard to wait til the actual event to see how much it goes for.

    ReplyDelete