Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Four-ladies-airbrush-commission...

I was recently commissioned to do four separate airbrush "fun yet flattering" caricatures of some attractive women! I took photos at various stages of work (these are from end result to beginning line drawing):

This is the final, (above) with all the little details (eyelashes, lip shine, jewelry highlights) which are so much fun to add.

This one shows the final airbrush work.

Displayed above are the first few layers of airbrush...then I got so into it, I forgot to take more photos after each color addition!

This is what I start with before airbrushing. When I do studio airbrush caricatures, I pencil in a rough sketch before inking it, which I never do when working at a live venue.
The client provided several photos of each woman, along with which clothing to depict. Good references are very important to the final result!

1 comment:

  1. These look great! I've always wanted to get caricatures down but that seems to elude me. Great job!

    ReplyDelete