Sunday, April 25, 2010

My daughter's art project...

It's not exactly caricature-related, but it's still kinda interesting...


My college-freshman daughter's 'Intro to Art Appreciation' course called for her to do a self-portrait, using real paint, in the style of an assigned artist. She got Roy Lichtenstein, famous for his comic-book-style pop art. I should add, tracing and copying using mechanical means were permitted. She asked me if I had any suggestions...
I told her to get a photo of herself she liked, posterize it in Photoshop, print it out, then use a light box to pencil it on the required 11 x 14 bristol board. She did so, then flat-painted it, and here's the result. She's still trying to decide what to put in the word bubble :-)
Her unlucky friend was assigned Mark Rothko :-(

1 comment:

  1. wow that is cool! man mark rothko couldnt be more boring

    ReplyDelete