Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Caricaturama SD 3000 salutes Japan...

...by having a week devoted to caricatures of notable Japanese people. There are so many excellent ones, please check out this link and browse through them.
I chose to do a color pen & ink of Crown Princess Masako, which started out as a color sketch first. After a while, I wasn't pleased with it and so added the pen & ink layer, which is the opposite of the way I usually work. I like it better now---it's more defined.
Dozens of Japanese caricaturists come to our ISCA convention every year, and I am honored to know some of them. It's good to know that they are safe (thanks to Facebook) but my heart (and everyone else's that I know) goes out to all of Japan after the devastations of earthquake, tsunami and nuclear  power.

No comments:

Post a Comment